Factur-X is a joint Franco-German standard for electronic invoice electronic standard. The hybrid format of Factur-X is between PDF/A-3 for users and XML data for automated processing. The introduction of this new format complies with the European semantic standard EN 16931, published by the European Commission on October 16, 2017. For information, it has the same standard as ZUGFeRD 2.1.
In other words, Factur-X is both a readable invoice readable in PDF format, which contains all the information needed for processing, particularly in the event of deviations from orders or receipts, and which presents data from the invoice data as a structured file, enabling information systems to perform automated integrations and comparisons.
The main aim of Factur-X is to enable all companies to create value-added electronic invoices that contain as much information as possible in a structured way, according to their ability to create them.
Factur-X enables companies of all sizes - VSE, SME, GE - to use either all the data extracted, or only the PDF processing, depending on their maturity. What's more, this mixed format is a combination of technologies that enable total extraction of the data, either manually or fully automatically. invoice manual or fully automated.
In order to enable and guide companies of all sizes, this standard contains several data profiles:
Factur-X's definition also complies with European tax regulations, which have been transposed into French law.
However, PDF (Portable Document Format) is the most widely used format in the world and in the various existing information systems.
But by its very nature and characteristics, it offers many advantages:
- Easy to create
- Guarantees data integrity
- Secured by various methods (password, watermark, Electronic signature,....)
- Respect for integration and graphic rendering
- Integration of different media types (text, images, links, audio,....)
- Compact weight and volume
To date, the compulsory information on the invoice are :
- Issue date
- Date of sale or provision of service
- Description of products or services sold (name, part numbers, quantities, unit prices excluding VAT, VAT rates, any discounts, etc.).
- Supplier's identity (name of establishment, company name, Siren/Siret; Naf code, RCS number, etc.)
- Customer identity
- VAT number, if applicable
- Purchase order number, if applicable
- Payment date or deadline.
Our platform converts PDF to PDF/A3, with Electronic signature meeting RGS (Référentiel Général de Sécurité) standards. Once converted to PDF/A3 format, the electronic invoice will be sent to the receiver, and the billing data will be automatically transmitted to the "Public Billing Portal "(PPF).
ICD International offers Factur-X as one of its standard platform formats, with the ambition of making it accessible to all companies wishing to digitalize their invoices within a reduced budget and timeframe.